TOYBOY PRESENTS FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE : KITSCH AND CAMP, POP CULTURE, HOT MALE MODELS, ARTISTIC PIN-UPS, STYLISH NUDES, CLASSIC PHYSIQUE, RETRO GUYS.






Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PHYSIQUE PICTORIAL: Post 1: Some Favorite covers: 1, 2 by Tom of Finland, 3 by Art Bob, 4 (Fall '57) by Quaintance.




Posted by Picasa
I love old Physique Pictorial magazines, and I try to collect as many originals as I can. The magazine championed many great gay artists like Tom of Finland, Quaintance and Art Bob, as well as physique photography and gay erotica. As well as famous body builders or actors, they paid a lot of guys off the street to pose in posing pouches, and later on, fully naked. These magazines are like little time machines, and really tell us a lot about the gay community at the time. 

1 comment:

Cute Dead Boys said...

I have also a collection of Physique, I love the boys and the art........